CloudQuant is a place to access and research data often used by investment managers or traders to develop trading ideas, strategies and algorithms.
1. Your Consent
2. Information We Collect
CloudQuant collects and maintains the following types of information when you access the CloudQuant Website and use the CloudQuant Services: “Personal Information,” which is information that allows someone to identify or contact you, and “Anonymous Information,” which is information that does not identify a specific person and is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information.
- Information You Provide Visitors and Members
- We collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, if you contact us for any reason.
- We may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, company affiliation, mailing address, phone, email address, education level, interests, and password when you create an Account.
- We will collect Input (as defined in the User Agreement) that you provide to us, including files and messages you store using your Account.
- Members have the opportunity but not obligation to create a profile (“Profile”) for the CloudQuant Services, which will contain basic information and may contain advanced features. Basic Profiles are made available to all Visitors. As a Member, you may choose to make available your advanced Profile to all Visitors, to only Members, or to keep your advanced Profile private so it is not displayed to Visitors or Members.
Information Collected via Technology
- Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and domain name.
- after coming to the CloudQuant Website and the information for which you searched and which you viewed. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the CloudQuant Website. You may remove persistent cookies by following Internet browser help file directions. Your ability to use some functionality and areas of the CloudQuant Website or CloudQuant Services may not be available if you remove the persistent cookies.
3. How We Use Personal Information
Visitors and Members. We use your Personal Information:
- When you make your Personal Information available in public areas of the CloudQuant Website;
- In order to send you a reply to your email request or Feedback;
- When you participate in one of our surveys;
- When you voluntarily provide it to us, for example when you submit an application for employment; and
- To market products and services that may be of interest to you, both on and off the CloudQuant Website.
Members Only. We also use your Personal Information:
- For Account registration and identification;
- To provide and enhance the CloudQuant Website and CloudQuant Services;
- For notification and communication with you; and
- To send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our CloudQuant Services and for other marketing purposes;
4. How We Share Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Other Members of the CloudQuant Services when you submit content to be shared in public areas;
- Our third party service providers performing hosting, application management services, data analytics, technical support, payment processing and related IT services, in each case pursuant to written agreements obligating the service providers to use your Personal Information solely to provide the services requested by CloudQuant; and
- Our parent company, affiliates, successors, assigns, and advisors, including in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets.
In addition, CloudQuant may disclose Personal Information to respond to legal process or regulatory authorities, in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities; to exercise or perform a legal, ethical, contractual or other right or obligation, including enforcing an agreement you made; or to protect against fraud, claims, or other liability or harm to you, us or others.
5. Use Of Anonymous Information
We use Anonymous Information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of the CloudQuant Services and improve the CloudQuant Website navigation. We may share anonymized and aggregated algorithm performance statistics with third parties, for example potential investors, licensors or sub-licensors, or for marketing purposes. CloudQuant may use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties at its sole discretion.
6. Social Networking Websites
We may offer you interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking websites through the CloudQuant Website. You will be able to revoke our access to any social networking website at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable social networking website.
7. Control Of Your Personal Information
- Opt-Out: We will periodically send you free newsletters and emails that directly promote the use of our CloudQuant Services, from which you may choose to “opt-out” at any time.
- Changes to Personal Information: You may change the Personal Information in your Account that you provide to us by editing your Profile within your Account. If you wish to change the Personal Information we have received through a social networking website, you must change that Personal Information on the social networking website. You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, which we will delete, subject to hold requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud investigation or similar purposes.
- Deactivation: If you choose to close your Account, your Profile and other public Personal Information will be removed from the CloudQuant Website. Your shared algorithms and messages you have posted in public areas of the CloudQuant Services will not be removed automatically and will be removed at the sole discretion of CloudQuant.
8. Third Party Websites
9. Users Outside Of The United States
Children under 18 are not eligible to use the CloudQuant Services. Protecting the privacy of children is important to us. If we learn that a user is under 18 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from accessing the CloudQuant Services.
11. How To Reach Us
Kramer Lane, Suite 200 Austin, TX 78758